Saturday, August 13, 2011

Recently Seen at The Buffet

All over New York, grocery stores, small and large, have by weight buffets, they vary greatly in size, selection and quality.  For the most part I avoid them, something about food that has sat out for who knows how long makes me suspicious.  The only time I feel good about eating like this is at restaurants where I know the food is fresh and served only for as limited time, usually just lunch, City Bakery comes to mind.

So anyway....I was in this corner store which had a fairly elaborate food buffet/steam tray set up.  As I was walking by I noticed something very orange with a Maraschino cherry in the middle of it.  I paused to take a closer look.  Best I could tell it was Mac and Cheese.  I guess a cherry on top makes everything better?


No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition