Friday, August 5, 2011

Canning Continues...

Next up Nectarine Peach Chutney and Bread and Butter Pickles.  And maybe if I feel really ambitious I'll make Chris's French Pickles again this year.  So far I have made the bread and Butter pickles two years running and I have to admit that I like the sweeter version best (the recipe I used was from the classic Fanny Farmer Cookbook).  At this point I have about 4 recipes from them and maybe will strike out on my own and make a best of  version and see how that goes.  I'll keep you posted.

You have been doing canning this Summer write a comment and let me know what you have been putting up, also feel free to send pictures!  I'd love to post them.

1 comment:

chris and Skip said...

you are amazing. we're taking a year's hiatus from canning this summer, overdid it the last two years and just can't drum up the extra energy or requisite inspiration. glad you are in overdrive though, makes me feel somehow less guilty.

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition