Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Still Saving the Whales

When I was a kid there were commercials on TV about "saving the whales"  and bumper stickers and slogans, but here we are 40 years later and I have to wonder how much good have we been able to accomplish?

Here is a political commercial narrated by Pierce Brosnan about illegal whaling in Iceland.  Here's the link to sign the petition to ask President Obama to impose trade sanctions.

Whales are akin to Dolphins to me, they are so smart and compassionate, such beleaguered old souls, that this kind of wholesale slaughtering of them, many which are endangered, really makes me sad and angry.  As a counter point to the political video just below I am posting a video that was making the rounds a few weeks ago about a conservationist who was out boating and came upon a whale trapped in fishing net....



No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition