Monday, October 4, 2010

Persimmons, Peanuts, Pomegranates and Dates

...all things you don't find at Farmers Markets in New York but here in San Francisco.  I came upon this market this morning near the Civic Center.  I guess you are always jealous of what you don't have and this morning it was farmers markets with all the above mentioned items.  It made me want to go home and make a Pomegranate and Persimmon Salad from local ingredients as opposed to the imported stuff we get back in NYC.  I contemplated buying some to take with me on the plane and then thought better of it.



The green apples on the right are Rhode Island Greening, one of my favorites.  Usually back home they are fairly sour, but these were sweet and crisp.
The building in the background is by Morphosis, the same architect who did the new Cooper Union Building in the east Village that I love so much.

We could be in Thailand!



No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition