Saturday, December 18, 2010

Puerto Vallarta's Farmer's Market












What a wonderful new addition to the Puerta Vallarta food and cultural scene the new Framers Market is (it opened in March).  Most of the vendors here are organic, the prices are great and the products are of a very high quality.  In addition to produce and artisanal foodstuffs, there are also a lot of beautiful crafts. Apparently this is its second season, but last year I wasn't here on a Saturday so I missed it.

The Farmer's Market is held every Saturday at the Paradise Community Center at 127 Pulpito Street just across the street from Coco's Kitchen (a lovely place that has been known for their breakfasts and is now serving dinner)

The Old Town Farmers market has very limited hours so go early as it is only open from 10am-1pm.

The crowd this morning was great (sometimes I think everyone in PV has a dog!) and these pictures are only a fraction of how many vendors attend.  I mostly focused on the food sellers that interested me with a few of the crafts people whose work I really liked.

As I sit and type this at my dinning table the aroma from the Pineapple I bought yesterday is filling the air and I'm thinking a Pina Margarita is in my future.  I bought sugar to make a simple syrup to which I will add a lot of fresh lime juice then a generous handful of chopped up pineapple.  Throw it all into the blender with some ice and tequila, maybe a splash of Grand Marnier and you have one fine drink, not to mention the perfect end to an evening!

No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition