Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pssssst

 
This is the best Summer Drink Ever!

I've been meaning to write about Amor y Amargo since I went there with my friend David over a month ago.  It's no longer a secret, so go early to this little whole in the wall bar and have an Americano (pictured above)!   This classic, thirst quenching, elixir is made from house made Vermouth and Capari which is then put in a keg and dispensed on tap like beer which makes this sweet, bitter cocktail wonderfully frizzante.  At $12 a go  I bet you can't have just one!

Also check out the site for Amor y Amargo to see about their mixology classes and the extensive selection of Bitterman's Bitter that are for sale, along with a lot of essential hardware for anyone interested in making cocktails at home.

Bitters have come along way since Angostura, the selection here is mind boggling, all the bitters are for sale.   Bittermans is part owner in the bar which it is using to highlight all things bitter (my mother should go here) and take great pride in talking to everyone who stops by for a drink to educate them about cocktails, bitters, or any other booze related conundrum you might have.  I don't think I have ever been to a bar where the barmen have been so informed and so willing to engage in serious conversation about all things mixology related.

I really want to be able to always go and have a place at the bar to sit, but I would not be doing my duty if I didn't tell you make it a priority while the weather is still sweltering to get your butt down to Amor y Amargo for an Americano! 

No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition