Friday, July 29, 2011

Saxelby Cheese

Tony Cenicola/The New York Times

As anyone who reads this blog with any regularity will know I have been a big fan and good customer of Saxelby Cheese almost since they opened and talk about them here when ever I mention cheese!

The picture of Anne peering out from the mountain of cheese above is from the New York Times who did a wonderful article on her, Saxelby Cheese and on the winning of the Neighborhood Achievement Award as Manhattan's Small Business of the year!

You gotta read it.  I am so proud of Anne and Benoit (her business partner).  In five years they have changed the way people think about local cheese, and introduced so many of us to small unique farmstead cheese makers who without Saxelby Cheese we would never have had exposure to.

I am just a little worried that now I'll have to wait in a longer line to get my Cheese Fix! 
Something tells me her and Benoit might have to expand.

No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition