Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Pickled Garlic

Here's some pictures of my first canning of the year, I'm off to the kitchen now to start my Wasabi Beans.  I made all this pickled garlic that are filled with herbs, hot peppers and spices.  A friend asked me what I was going to do with them? 
The recipe says they use it all Winter just as they would fresh garlic - a way of keeping local garlic around all season and never having to resort to buying to unnaturally white kind they sell at super markets.  These pickled garlic are especially good in salad dressings, so say the authors of the canning book I used.  I was thinking they'd me great in cocktails, as an accompaniment to cheese or charcuterie or just as part of a more extensive pickle platter as something new.
If you have ever made pickled garlic and have a favorite use for it please write a comment and share!

No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition