Friday, September 17, 2010

Death In The Afternoon

I came across this recipe for a Champagne Cocktail called Death in the Afternoon.

I'm sure you could use a nice dry Cava, like my favorite organic Savia Viva that Astor has on sale right now, as there is no point in using the real stuff when you are just going to sully it up by adding Absinthe to it.

Mostly what I like about this cocktail, given I'm not much of a cocktail drinker, is it's name.  Whenever I have a drink at lunch (almost always wine of some sort) I end up with a headache in dire need of a nap.   Now this is a cocktail that I would probably reserve for very special occasions and only drink in the evening in and around food; otherwise I think it could be dangerous.

This cocktail also lets you explore some locally made Absinthe like Delaware Phoenix Walton Waters which I want to buy just because the name is so grand (it has a nice bottle as well and art direction is so important when deciding what booze to buy!)

 Death in the Afternoon

1 1/2 oz Absinthe
4 oz Brut Champagne

Pour the Absinthe into a Champagne flute then gentle top it off with the bubbly.

Not deadly if drunk reasonably.

No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition