Tuesday, August 24, 2010

David's 50th Birthday Bash

Yeah I know I'm a little pizza obsessed this summer, but for big parties it just seems easiest and pizza is always a crowd pleaser. The corn dish recipe is what I used in my corn potato casserole, the Gingered Peach Upsidedown Cake is just the usual recipe (minus the 1/4 cup juice - peaches don't need any extra juice) and I added 2 tablespoons of chopped crystallized ginger to the butter and sugar mixture before I layed the peach half into it. Feel free to add more to the batter if you want, in my book you can never have too much crystallized ginger!

I used the same Bluefish pate recipe as I posted last year, although I used 6 ounces cream cheese and 2 ounces Quark this time and I served them with a selection of French, Persian and Onions pickles (the French Pickles really rock!) and some hot out of the oven whole wheat homemade bread.

2 comments:

Philip said...

you didn't give the bread enough cred. I wanted to hide some of it for the next morning. Yum, yum, yum!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm the David from the menu board, and I'm still counting my blessings. And salivating. Thanks, M... er, Urban Food Guy!!

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition