Sunday, August 22, 2010

Brooklyn Grange

The Brooklyn Grange Farm is a nearly 1 acre organic farm on a rooftop in Long Island City, Queens (is Queens the new Brooklyn? Sorry I hate questions like that, but I couldn't help myself). On Sundays the Brooklyn Grange Farm sells their produce in Bushwick at my favorite pizza joint Roberta's (one of the owners of Roberta's is also on the team at the Grange).

Welcome to the new urban reality. And if you want to get involved in other ways than buying produce check out the Grange's website looks like they could use your help!


The Brooklyn Grange: NYC's Biggest Rooftop Farm from SkeeterNYC on Vimeo.

Funny how it's called the Brooklyn Grange yet it's in Queens? Maybe that's a hipster thing ? ;-)

Neil and I are heading out now for a pizza and beer lunch, I'll give you a full report later.

No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition