Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Blueberries in Bloom!

My friends own Intervale Blueberry Farm a small, family-owned, organic blueberry farm in Cherryfield, Maine. They've just added some new pictures to their website and are all excited - the blueberry bushes are in peak bloom and the local pollinators are busy as, well, er, bees!

Intervale Blueberry Farm is not only a great resource for fresh and frozen blueberries, but Tin Penny Jenny's Jam and Chutney are both delicious and very well priced ($5 and $6 respectively).

It's much smarter and cheaper to buy blueberries out of season in bulk, frozen from a local farmer than it is to just pick up an over priced small package when you have a hankering for some buckle or pandowdy. It's been a life saver for me when I need to make a quick and easier dessert to just go into my freezer and know that I have blueberries waiting to for me. I posted a while back a recipe for Blueberry Ginger Crumble Squares which are damn tasty, easy to make and a sure fire hit with your guests!

No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition