Thursday, November 18, 2010

Goat Czech

I took this little mini video one night at a local East Village Gay bar call Eastern Bloc (owned by Anderson Cooper's BF so I'm told).  I'd never noticed this sign before and thought it was amusing. I don't usually cover nightlife, but hey....it does bring me to a food related issue which is:  why is it that so many bars don't serve food?  Particularly gay bars, which are the ones I mostly go to.  The only one I know of in all of the city that does serve food is Julius, the oldest gay bar in NYC and the oldest bar in the village, which has a small open kitchen and sells burgers, fries, onion rings and assorted sandwiches and in the old days you used to be able step just outside and buy some chicken to go on the corner (ahem...).

No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition