Friday, June 19, 2009

Mini Cheeseburger Salad


I get that this could taste good, that all things considered it's an attempt to take things that aren't so healthy - cheeseburgers - and make them into a salad, so it would be low carb, high protein with a good dose of crunchy greens. All good things, I admit, but could it be any uglier?

This is a Rachael Ray recipe and I know by making fun of it I'm immediately a horrid elitist. She even offers the choice of turkey as an option instead of sirloin. The patina of healthy-ness is all over this dish.

What I see here is a great opportunity for a very popular and well liked food show hostess to talk to people about how unhealthy factory farmed meat is for both the animals and the people who eat it, instead of encouraging reckless consumption, 'nuff said.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That. Is. Disgusting. Bleck! Just the sight of it turns my stomach. I understand why Rachel Ray had to appeal to her demographic, but really, woman, what were thinking?

Up there with fried Twinkies and Snickers bars. Kountry with a "K".

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition