Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Garbage Patch



Too many people = too much plastic.

I'm posting this today because I got it sent to me in an email and I thought I'd already posted it, but I hadn't.

Just today I was buying a box of bio bags and I was wondering how it is that these folks in Norway can make a fully sustainable, non GMO, easily bio degradable "plastic" yet to find it you need to go to a "health" food store and it's on the bottom shelf, costs way more and is surrounded by boxes of non biodegradable plastic plastic.

If we can do it, why aren't we?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think many people are waiting for the "government" to make things better. The way we can change our environment isn't through government intervention. We can make it better and it can happen through the small steps that each of us is willing to take. It’s not that complicated, turn off the lights, recycle, reuse, and demand safer healthier products. There are hundreds of easy ways we can make a difference. Each of us has to get involved, even if it's in a small way. Now the question is what are we willing to do?
Max
http://www.ensobottles.com

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition