Friday, March 18, 2011

Grumpy Comes to Essex Street

Grumpy is the one on the left
At this point I am a hard core regular at Dora Coffee which is oh so conveniently located on the corner of East Broadway and Clinton a half block away from my place.   Now I find out 2 blocks further West the super hip high end mini NYC coffee chain Grumpy is opening up a tiny little space at 13 Essex street.  I peaked in yesterday and things look like they should be ready to open very soon.

I know it's gentrification and all and that's suppose to be bad but can I just say how much I love the new Lower East Side!  It's so exciting to see how much as changed in the 5 years since I moved here and how much of a foodie destination the neighborhood has become, as I like to say, the Lower East Side is the Brooklyn of Manhattan.

A cappuccino to go from Dora

No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition