Monday, March 14, 2011

Despana Expands: Vinos Y Mas

Despana is by far the best Spanish fine food shop in the city. I try to stop in monthly, but I have to admit that it's been a while since I was last by, so you can imagine my surprise when I see that they have expanded!  In January they opened Vinos Y Mas in the much smaller storefront right next store.
So now not only can you get all your favorite Spanish cooking supplies - white anchovies, olive oil, olives, lots of Jambon y queso (including the classic Spanish Serrano Ham), great clay cook ware you can bop next store and browse through there extension collections of Spanish wines, Cava's, Sherries and more. 

The thing I most buy at Despana is the terracotta earthenware, I love it and use mine all the time,  as is more than apparent to anyone who reads this blog frequently as almost anything I bake in the oven I bake in this terracotta earthenware.  In downtown New York there is a store for everything, if you want Italian groceries you go to Buon Italia, Indian spices and more is Kalustyans for all thing Spanish your one stop place to shop is Despana.

No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition