Saturday, March 5, 2011

Tonight's Menu

Somehow tonight we're having a rather large group of friends over for dinner, this is great it's just not what was planned.  Originally it was just going to be three couples, then one half of one couple couldn't come and the other couple asked if they could invited some friends so Neil and I thought: Well why not invite...and then once the flood gates were open, well now 14 people are coming.  Which I love!  I made a huge pot of Ribollita a tradtional Italian soup/stew made with beans (Borlotti in this instance), Kale and served with lots of bread and grated Parmesan cheese.  It's what I call a larder dinner, as it is mostly made with things I had in my pantry, the dried beans being the inspiration.

More pictures and recipes to come, but now I have to get back to cooking!

No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition