Saturday, March 12, 2011

Grocery Store in Japan Survives Quake

Like everyone else in the world I have been glued to my computer screen watching the news about the devastation going on in Japan right now. In all of the video I have watched this one below capture my attention in a way that most of the others didn't - this is taken insider a grocery store - so there is one reason I was interested, but when you watch it the thing that amazes me is that the employees instead of fleeing or running to a doorway or under a table all try and prevent the goods from coming off the shelves and being broken....which would have been the last thing I would have thought about if it was me working!


1 comment:

Kurt Brown said...

The strangest thing to me is, near the end, when the shaking has died down but is still definitely happening and a lower amplitude, you hear the sounds of the checkout scanners continuing to operate. The cashiers, not shown, were like... "well, there's still people in line here, I'm gonna check em out!"

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition