Sunday, March 20, 2011

Despana

As I walked home today from SoHo I passed by my favorite Spanish food shop Despana, which I mentioned last week had expanded and added a little wine shop next store.  Today I was taken by how crowded it was and by the guys at the front who were carving up two wonderful Serrano hams.
They make all sort of wonderful bocadillos (Jamon y Jamobon y Jamobon on bread!) and other traditional Spanish foods which you can have to go or if you choose you can stay and sit in their wonderful little "lunch room" this place has grown so much since it was just a Spanish food distributor in Queens (or was it Brooklyn).
Above is the eating area, below a panorama of some the many Spanish delicacies they sell.
408 Broome Street 
NYC

No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition