Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011!

How did things get so crazy?  I flew to San Francisco last night after only  4 days back in NYC and now here I am on another journey.  The flight was fine, but then I got here I had a bit of a meltdown:  Citibank's systems were down so my debit card was declined and then the Internet in my room went out and well after two hours of dealing with shit I finally crawled into the very comfortable bed in my very quiet room here at the Serrano Hotel and slept like a baby.

Today I had several ideas about what I wanted to do but the two at the top of my list were both closed (Bar Tartine and Kabuki Springs), which in the end was just fine.  I had a great wander around the Mission and a great lunch at Luna Park (more on that later).

From the Mission I went over to Castro Street where I saw the possibly NSFW window in someone's apartment.  It was actually several windows, but I thought I should just post the PG one.


Any year that starts with New Years in San Francisco has to be good. There is still more I want to write about Puerto Vallarta which I'm hopeful that I will get to in the next few days.... but San Francisco is so distracting! I'm off to Oakland tonight for the first time to explore the food scene a little bit (whatever is open!) and hopefully have pizza at Boot and Show Service.

Hope you all had a happy, safe, fun and delicious New YearThanks again for reading Urbanfoodguy.  I have a feeling this is going to be the best year so far.

No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition