Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Good Loaf of Bread: Rye Bread with Caraway Seeds

This isn't really the best picture, but you get the idea.  Lately I have been making a loaf of bread for every dinner party I make and am still amazed at how Jim Leahy has revolutionized bread making with his simple over night no kneed process.  It's a very forgiving recipe, I usually add about 3/4 of a cup of some other type of flour rye (with or without caraway seeds) or whole wheat.  If you haven't tried this bread making technique you really should give it a go.  I know I have written on this before, but every time I make this bread I am amazed how good it is and how making it was so easy.  This is the kind of bread you spend 5 or 6 dollars on at the fancy bakery and never thought you would be able to duplicate, but now you can! And it's an easy way to impress your dinner guests.

No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition