Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cool Slow

The Essex Farm grocery store in the Essex Street Market is one of my favorite on the Lower East Side, they sell fresh herbs for a $1 and have an amazing selection of produce and groceries with an especially impressive array of Mexican goods.

They also sell a few prepared things that sometimes when i am feeling lazy will avail myself to - one of them is pre-chopped cole slaw: red and green cabbage and shredded carrots all ready to be tossed with your favorite dressing (I also add currants, shredded apple and some nuts).  The labeling on it changes, I found this weeks version particularly funny:
"Could I have a large portion of cool slow please?"
Damn, if I had a restaurant I would certainly call my Cole Slaw "Cool Slow"  too good!
 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition