Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Treats Truck

So I'm walking downtown from my shrink appointment and it is a rare, lovely, sunny, summer day. When I reach 38th and Fifth I notice the above pictured truck. I'd never seen it before, but the minute I saw the goodies on display I had to wait in line and get some for the walk!

Low and behold I recognize the treat women! It the gal from yoga with the folding bike, Jennifer. I hadn't seen her in ages, but the last couple of times I saw her in class she was talking about her new business the Treats Truck. It was so nice to see her dream realized and her treats looking so tasty.

Her food aesthetic at first glance seems to be very homemade comfort baking akin to Magnolia Bakery et al. only with a more diverse selection of goodies, not just cupcakes.

Everything looked wonderful, this is my kind of baking!

I bought two things: a Rice Krispie square and an organic, gluten free, peanut butter and chocolate sandwich cookie. Both were great and I was so glad to hear, taste and read that her company has made a real commitment to the environment.

Check out her site and when she is in your neighborhood definitely stop by and check out her treats.

No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition