Sunday, August 23, 2009

San Francisco Here I Come!


It has been almost 23 years since I was last in San Francisco. I am beside myself with excitement, I leave tomorrow morning.

I have made 3 reservations at Chez Panisse for the cheaper more casual upstairs lunch. The last one I get to share with Neil.

Neil Joins me on Saturday, so for the first five days I am staying at the rather notorious Becks Motor Lodge which seems to perfectly fine to me. I'll up date you on that later.

When Neil arrives I move into his conference hotel Kimpton's Drake. Definitely a little more tony. Although I have to say that if you are looking for a cheap and cheerful holiday San Francisco hotels are very cheap compared to New York, with lots of fine places to stay in the $125 range. I think the Y here is more then that!

Our friend Kurt sent m some links to different markets that I plan to check out.

http://ecologycenter.org/bfm/ a list of the Berkley Farmer's markets

The Ferry Buildings market

And my favorite the new Castro Street market which has a weekly featured product, this week it's watermelon described as: Summer refreshment with it's own carrying case!

Too funny those gay people sure do have a sense of humor (wink wink).

No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition