Sunday, October 16, 2011

Autumn at the Union Square Market







 and here are some more low spray apples

 The maple syrup people stoop coming to the market in the Winter so buy in bulk!
I love potatoes and this is the best selection by far in the market...

This roasting mix is amazing, some of the potatoes are the size of a pea.   Makes for easy roasting in chicken schmaltz.




 Depending on the farmer Brussel Sprouts ranged from 3.50 to 5.00 for a stalk.




October 16th and Tomatoes are still going strong.  I bought three large ones at $3 a pound total: $11 for 2 tomatoes and those were the cheapest heirlooms in the market.  Not complaining, just saying that even on sale fresh tomates are worth whatever you pay -  they certainly will make my Chicken Cacciatore so much better!






My idea was to just stroll through the market I ended up spending $50 - the most expensive thing I bought was a Belle Rouge Chicken from Violet Hill Farms, but more on that later (4.50 a pound $17 for my bird)
Maybe I should make chili sauce?

No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition