Monday, December 14, 2009

Oops, Chanukha Menu and Some Changes

Recently I posts recipes for both Latkes and Pumpkin Flan.

Both of which I made the other night and realized that there was need for some improvement on what I originally wrote.

I've gone into the documents and added comments, basically for the latkes you don't need 2 tablespoons of salt 1 is enough for about 8 medium to large potatoes and 2 teaspoons should be tossed in before you drain them to help extract the water from the potatoes. Also this time my onions were not watery at all and didn't really need draining - in the past they have been really watery so play it by ear if the onions after you have grated them are really juicy sieve them otherwise no need.

The Flan, when I first made it I used only half of the caramel it worked like a charm, so when I made it again and posted the recipe I said to use all of it! Well it was a mistake, if you add all of it it doesn't get incorporated by the flan and you end of having hard caramel that sticks to the pan not the flan! Ugh. So use only enough to coast the bottom of the pan and add 1/3-1/2 cup of water to the remainder to make a sauce which you can pour over the flan once you have flipped it out onto a plate.

Hanukkah Dinner

Sour Dough Whole Wheat
Sour Dough Challah (still needs work)

Kate's Sweet Maine Butter

Homemade Bread and Butter Pickles

Latkes
with Russ and Daughter's Cream Cheese, Organic Irish Lox and Wild Salmon Roe

Red and Green Cabbage Salad
with Currants, Pecans, Apples and Caraway

Roasted Cauliflower and Romanesco
with extra sharp white Cheddar

Sweet Potato Flan

No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition