Sunday, September 13, 2009

Videos from the New Amsterdam Market



I like the Brooklyn Bridge in the back ground at the end, otherwise all this video really shows you is a throng of people and how wildly successful this market was today.

Neil and I had a great time strolling about looking at all the delicious looking foods. The thing that makes this market unique is it's focus on artisanal food stuffs. Sure there were a few stalls offering produce but mostly it's people who make sherbet,bread, cheese, mead, wine, Popsicles, tarts, mustard and so much more! It would be so exciting to have this be a permanent indoor thing that people could access on a regular weekly basis.

South Street Sea port seems like a perfect place and as a matter of fact I saw lots of empty spaces
available. Um Mayor Bloomberg, want to make the city a better places give these wonderful food artisans a home (one with cheap rent) so that more and more people from all walks of life can have access to these wonderful, local, often organic healthy for people and the planet products!

OK next up is my video of the Peoples Pops stand - these are the funky people who I wrote about here a while back. It was great to see them in action, sadly I didn't get any footage of their Popsicles! I'll just have to go back next week. Taking videos in crowds is a special talent I have yet to acquire!



No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition