Saturday, July 24, 2010

Your Gorilla Moment of the Day




This is actually 17 minutes, but well worth it. There are some gruesome images as part of a discussion of bush meat - wild game meat gotten through the use of indiscriminately placed traps.

The conclusion by the narrator at around the 15 minute point is very poignant and true I think.

My two non-food topics that I occasionally post on are Gorillas and Burma. If I had the resources I would love to go to Africa and explore the effects of colonialism on African cuisine and food. Observing how local traditional food culture was changed by the French, Belgium, Dutch, British etc. And what are the lasting, if any, influences of colonialism on food in the various countries of Africa.

Oh and I'd want to got Rwanda and see the gorillas!

No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition