Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July Menus

Here's what I did this weekend:

The above was Saturday night and the below was Sunday night. I haven't figured out yet the peach and arugula salad, but I like the idea. The Stilton fritters were a request and are adapted from the now defunct Telephone Bar in the East Village. The hit of both nights was dessert the candied cherries with the over the top dark chocolate ice cream, which in my developing I realized would also make an awesome chocolate pudding. Lots of recipes this week!

The fish was wild caught ocean perch from Canada, I coated it with hazelnuts and almonds and served it with a very simple tomato, basil and balsamic salad (the menu says pesto, but that has cheese in it and one of my guests is Italian and you know how they get when you mix fish and cheese).

No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition