Monday, April 26, 2010

Empire Diner RIP

After 30 years of business the Empire Diner in Chelsea is closing only to be re-opened by the corporation that owns Coffee Shop on Union Square.

It wasn't like I was a frequent guest at the Diner, but I loved passing the authentic art deco diner sitting there on the avenue whenever I was in the neighborhood. It was a great place to take people to from out of town, a bit touristy, but fun nonetheless.

I can't imagine what they will possibly change it into, I just hope they don't get rid of the diner.

Too bad that if it had to be bought by someone it couldn't have been by someone who actually cared about food, the Coffee Shop's food the last time I went there was inedible. It takes work to ruin scrambled eggs and toast.

Here is a sweet little video homage I found:

No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition