Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Butchering a Lamb

This is so cool. Daniel Klein is a young chef who worked in Brooklyn at Applewood who has moved to Minnesota and is doing a great blog called the Perennial Palate that I just learned about from my daily Tasting Table email.

What an awesome site! Here is a video he had his vegetarian girlfriend film about how to butcher a lamb. I really like the information in the video about what kind of lamb it is, Icelandic, and that it's a Ewe because they don't give milk so they are used for meat and that it's not a baby lamb, because that isn't sustainable.

I love that the site is commercial free, survives on donations and takes place over one calendar year. It is motivation for me to get going with my new project! 52 Sunday Suppers to Save the Planet....more on that later.

Check out The Perennial Palate there's a lot of good videos, recipes and food information you don't want to miss!

The Perennial Plate Episode 6: Butchering a Lamb from Daniel Klein on Vimeo.

No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition