Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Rabbit Farms

Farming & Breeding Fresh Rabbits for NYC Restaurants *food curated* from SkeeterNYC on Vimeo.


After you watch this, if you do indeed watch this, click on this link and take the are rabbits too cute to eat quiz. My two cents worth is that if we were to use cuteness as a criteria for eating something we wouldn't eat chickens, lamb, cows even pigs can be very adorable not to mention smart.

I grew up with an Italian family next store who raised rabbits every summer. They were very low tech about it but basically raised them in cages and treated them well until the day they were slaughtered and grandma came out and got the bodies to take them to the kitchen to skin them.

My friend Ian just wrote me to alert me to the article in the NYT today also about rabbits. Apparently there was a seminar at Roberta's (my favorite pizza place in the world) in November about how to kill a rabbit which then goes on to discuss peoples reactions to rabbit on the menu etc.

Personally I have always loved eating rabbit and although they are super cute, I think I could raise the kill them for food, too bad I live on the 14th floor of a high rise with a kosher keeping boy friend (for some reason rabbits aren't kosher).



No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition