Monday, June 16, 2008

Why Black?

A few people (well my boyfriend Neil) wanted to know why I choose this format for my blog. He has a PC and I have a Mac. The type does look bigger on my Mac. He finds there to be a kind of movement with white letters on a black background that makes it hard to read.

I was told, or read, that white screens take more energy and it is more environmentally responsible and efficient if you use dark colors. I'm new to all this and so just choose a standard format that blogspot offered. I think the black background makes images pop out and I like using fun colors to highlight my ingredients in recipes.

Your comments on this are very welcome. It is, after all, a work in progress.

1 comment:

Philip said...

I like the black background as well and also think it saves on energy AND on eye strain. Great look!

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition