Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Distraction

It's hard to focus on anything right now except the news coverage of events in Egypt. I go from AlJazeera on line to Rachel Maddow and the New York Times, instead of being in my kitchen, where I'm (supposedly) working on a goat cheese cheesecake with praline and blood orange syrup recipe, that I've been working on for weeks!

Sometimes the events of the world take priority over the kitchen, even though even in the midst of a revolution we still all need to eat.  Stories of people going from the protest to their homes to get food to give out to the protesters in Tahrir Square in Cairo made me want to know more about Egyptian food, a good overview is here , I feel a need to explore Egyptian food more. All of a sudden a country that I had only thought of as the place with the pyramids has become so much more.

In the mean time Nicholas Kristof of the NYT is in Cairo and sums up my feelings on what is going on in this video from the NYT:

No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition