Monday, August 10, 2009

Make Your Own Protein Bar






These nifty little images are all lifted from Elements Bars, a nifty new site where you can go to design your own protein bar. Although I suppose you don't actually have to add protein powder (soy or whey) if you don't want to.

You can also choose from bars that have already been designed by others. The site also gives you a nutritional and calorie breakdown. 12 bars are $36 bucks.

Mostly I don't get the protein bar thing, I used to eat them when I was doing the gym thing and most of the commercial ones are filled with corn syrup and things you can't pronounce never mind know what they do. This site allows you to control your ingredients, which is a good thing, and although I didn't see the word organic used on there site they at least have good things like maple syrup, agave syrup, oat bran and some of them are organic although a lot of the ingredients that I clicked on said organic not available

My feeling is if your going to eat them it's good to know what is in them.

I was always a fan of Clif Bars. Damn tasty and they have a dedication to organic ingredients and because they are pre-made you never have to worry about them being out of an organic ingredient. Just saying...

No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition