Thursday, August 20, 2009

Kurt's Food Pictures

Our friend Kurt from San Francisco was in town and stayed with us for the last week. He's a great photographer and documented my goings on in the kitchen. Here are some of the highlights:

This is a chocolate Angel Food Cake cooling:
Salted Butter Caramel Ice Cream before freezing
The vichyssoise aka potato leek soup in process
Sour Cherry soup almost done
Thanks to Pam for sending me a recipe from Cook's Country, I didn't make the recipe as it wasn't so inspiring, but they gave this very helpful hint, use a serrated peeler for your peaches instead of the hot water method, it works like a charm and far more eco friendly then using all that water to peel a few peaches!
The groaning board, in the foreground my "health" bread, homemade bread & butter pickles, a Saxelby Cheese course and in the back Peach Upside Down Cake (served with above mentioned ice cream) and in the far left corner my friend Pam being helpful, I love guest who help with the dishes!Me lost in cooking in our wonderful kitchen

No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition