Saturday, August 23, 2008

What's local?

Here is a sweet article from the NY Times about a food road trip to the Finger Lakes.

Several of the vendors at the Union Square market drive all the way down (I think it's 4 hours each way) several times a week to sell their produce and, in one instance, their wines.

I've still not figured out how to link to the NY Time so I always have to do this cut and paste thing - if there are any other bloggers out there who could tell me how to do this I'd be very grateful!

travel.nytimes.com/2008/08/22/travel/escapes/22nyfood.html?em

I will write more about what exactly qualifies as local and most importantly, what the exceptions to this rule are. More when I get back from Yoga and my Saturday shop at the Union Square market.

No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition