Thursday, November 5, 2009

Preserving the Season

In order to clean out my fridge before I left for the week, I managed to freeze:

4 quart bags of local tomatoes (chopped them up in the food processor)
2 quarts of tomato sauce (which I made last night with lots of left over rosemary and garlic)
1 quart bag of cauliflower
1 quart bag of Broccoli

It was very therapeutic. I look forward to discovering it in January.

I barely have a signal, Vino Volo at Newark Airport is great, beat the hell out of Continentals lounge! I had 2 glasses (it must have been 5 o'clock somewhere!) of Castello do Bossi at 9 bucks a glass, the coaster for the wine is specific to what you ordered, telling you that, in this instance, wild berries and toasted oak, sweet fruit of wild berry and plum is integrated with layers of toasted oak and spice in this well balanced wine. $23 a bottle, can't think of a better way to spend time at an airport!

Off to Rome. Ciao!

No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition