Thursday, June 18, 2009

I have a dream

...and apparently all my friends are well aware of it. Yesterday I got several emails alerting me to this NYT article about roof top gardening, so just in case you missed it, here it is again.

Wouldn't it be cool to live in the city and be able to grow a majority of your own food? What a great life to spend your day planting, maintaining and then cooking, preserving, freezing your own harvest? I think about it all the time, but maybe that's because I've been unemployed for a year and the idea of self sufficiency is so appealing?

It's a dream, to be sure, but the idea that we could all be more independent of AT&T, Con Ed, Time Warner and the local grocery store, seems to me is appealing no matter what your employment status is.

No comments:

 
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition